- Wish your loves ones Happy Holidays with this fantastic wine selection.
Organic fruit from Mendocino County offers the characteristic flavors of green apples, pears, and citrus to this chardonnay. Fermented with 70% of the juice in a combination of French and American oak, which is allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation to create a rich, creamy wine with just a touch of new oak spice. The remaining 30% is fermented in stainless steel to preserve the crisp fresh fruit flavors. Most of the wine is aged using previously-used or neutral oak in order for these fresh fruit characteristics to shine through. New oak was used for just 16% of the wine to give this chardonnay a nice vanilla note.
An initial impression of rich, buttery cream quickly turns to aromas of honey and lightly toasted almonds, followed by tropical aromas of pineapple, citrusy lemon and críÂme brulee. The wine is refreshing on the palate, with a minerality that is both bright and clean, drawing you into a vibrant tartness and lemon zest that is absolutely, positively Bonterra Chardonnay, vintage after vintage.Pair with grilled shrimp, chicken tourtiíÂre or lobster with butter sauce.
Gift for Family and Friends